The OEM Sales Manager will be responsible for developing, maintaining and growing business to business sales of Marine OEM products and technologies to companies within the India & Bangladesh. The individual in this role will increase India & Bangladesh OEM sales volume through a variety of account activities, exceptional customer support and the utilization of technical device knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate a database that is intended for customer files and vital information & Maintain customer files and information in database.
- Forecast sales by unit’s segment by segment &Update yearly strategic plan by providing sales input.
- Evaluate product performance by extracting customer’s feedback therefore giving an interface with the Product Management.
- Promote OEM products by providing a contribution on advertising and literature.
- Maintain the OEM product’s competitiveness by recommending an effective pricing program.
- Interface with quality assessment or regulatory board about the OEM product’s quality or safety issues.
- An Marine OEM sales manager has an overall accountability for the sales status of the Marine OEM products in its area of responsibility. OEM Sales Manager is also responsible for the ownership of the OEM products’ sales.
- Must be able to give sales support and produce leads through attending trade shows. He/she must also be able to appraise the sales’ status and be able to identify the competitor’s edge and their strategies. Hence recognizing new market opportunities and foreseeing the success of the OEM products is possible.
- Analyze and identify opportunities to secure new businesses from OEM customer base and optimize profit and increase revenues
- Design and implement new strategies to drive business growth in assigned sales market
- Administer entire sales process identify target customers, push sales and complete sale process to manage OEM Sales.
- Manage pricing, deal pricing and other sales proposal activities.
- Manage OEM engagements to design strategies to acquire more business deals.
- Provide an interface with senior management and junior staff regarding value based product proposal and marketing to ensure optimized OEM Sales.
- Plan propose and Participate in innovative projects to enhance sales proposal process.
- Identify new markets to widen market base for enhanced revenue and profit generation.
- Involve in direct customer negations in association with sales team and management.
- Analyze markets to obtain latest trends, customer needs, competitors’ position and depth of customer base to re-design marketing strategy.
- Collaborate with engineering team to identify customer requirements for translating them into product specifications.
- Collaborate with marketing department to design new services and products for enhancing business growth.
- Design and Ensure completion of all commercial contracts with external agencies adhering to commercial terms and market conditions.
- Attend tradeshows to provide sales support, generate leads, evaluate sales activities, strategies and strengths of the competition, identify new market and customer opportunities, and evaluate the success and perception of products.
- Compare monthly sales results to goals and take corrective action where necessary.
- Provide sales input for annual strategic planning process.
- Interface with Product Management to provide customer feedback on product performance.
- Provide input on advertising, literature and promotion materials.
- Recommend pricing programs to remain competitive.
Qualifications & Other job requirements:
- BE/B Tech/ B. Sc., MBA will be added advantage and minimum 5+ years of successful OEM sales experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous manufacturer-to-manufacturer sales experience.
- Results-oriented with a proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Ability to present and sell to all levels of the organization, including executive level.
- Ability to resolve complex problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects involving a variety of resources with defined deadlines.
- Strong customer-focused orientation.
- Ability to self-manage and take initiative.
- Strong computer skills including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and customer databases.
- 5 Years’ Experience with OEM sales in Marine or Automotive Industry.
- Technical experience/education.
- Salary: Up to 7 lakhs.